There are things we are commonly warned about that occur in pregnancy, such as stretch marks and nausea. We knew in advance we would be big and uncomfortable, that we may get sick a lot, and our bodies would get some weird new lines on them. But there are also other interesting tidbits about being pregnant, especially in the 3rd trimester, that maybe not all of us are aware of.
I’m only sharing this with you ladies because I feel as a friend I need to be honest and real with you. I believe in being truthful and realistic here on the blog. No sugar coating should be expected here. And you need to know, my friend. It’s better to know what to expect in the final trimester than to be surprised by some of the yucky things that happen to your body during pregnancy.
Here are a few observations I’ve made recently that show just how UN-glamorous pregnancy can be. Come have a chuckle with me and enjoy the list.
5 things that make pregnancy oh-so-glamorous:
- Hemorrhoids. Yep, apparently, these are common. Yech. Not only are you constipated a lot, but when you do go, it isn’t all that pleasant. TMI? No topic is off limits when you’re pregnant.
- Incontinence. You’ll sneeze and pee yourself. Yep, it is just a matter of time. I live in panty liners now.
- All that discharge. Did I mention panty liners? Yep. Cause gross stuff comes out of you. Here’s TMI again.
- Gas. You’ll fart like an old man, I kid you not!
- Leaky Boobs. Ok, I haven’t experienced this quite yet, but I’m sure it is coming. I carry some of those boob pads in my purse just in case I start leaking at work someday.
Got anything to add to this list? I’d love to hear it.